StepUp Findlay Market & Clifton Heights (2.2 Miles)
August 1 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am| Free
- Meet at a central location with 1-3 volunteer “guides;”
- Explore a pre-determined route with various outdoor steps, following social distancing regulations;
- Break twice so people can go at their own pace & spread out;
- Regroup at relevant destinations for a brief history lesson;
- Meet & hear from an Impact 100 Grant Recipient connected to the route.
This lively urban trek is a perfect way of showcasing an ever-changing history of Cincinnati — one that is rapidly changing even today. (Walk No. 12 from Walking the Steps of Cincinnati: A Guide to the Queen City’s Scenic and Historic Secrets by Mary Anna DuSablon, Second Edition, Revised and Updated by Connie J. Harrell & John Cicmanec.)
- Distance: 2.2 miles
- Previous Impact 100 Grant Recipient: Over the Rhine Community Housing. Read more about their Impact 100 funded initiative here.
- Walk Notes: From the basin of Over the Rhine at Findlay Market to the hilltops of Bellevue Park we go. But we won’t take the traditional route! We will loop around to see what’s left of the Bellevue Incline and an abandoned stairway into the back entrance of Bellevue Park. From the top of the park, we will learn about the need for affordable housing from our nonprofit partner, OTRCH.