StepUp Mount Echo (1.6 Miles)
July 27 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm| Free
- Meet at a central location with 1-3 volunteer “guides;”
- Explore a pre-determined route with various outdoor steps, following social distancing regulations;
- Break twice so people can go at their own pace & spread out;
- Regroup at relevant destinations for a brief history lesson;
- Meet & hear from an Impact 100 Grant Recipient connected to the route.
The park and its surrounding streets are the primary focis of this civic-minded East Price Hill excursion. (Walk No. 8 from Walking the Steps of Cincinnati: A Guide to the Queen City’s Scenic and Historic Secrets by Mary Anna DuSablon, Second Edition, Revised and Updated by Connie J. Harrell & John Cicmanec.)
- Distance: 1.6 miles
- Previous Impact 100 Grant Recipient: Literacy Network of Greater Cincinnati. Read more about their Impact 100 funded initiative here.
- Walk Notes: This walk will single out park stairs built by Frankin Roosevelt’s Works Projects Administration (WPA) as we overlook the “S” curve of the Ohio River, 825 feet above sea level. After walking through nearby neighborhood streets, you will traverse a ravice path step-medley that connects two park hillocks