StepUp NKY & OH River Bridges
June 13 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
- Meet at a central location with 1-3 volunteer “guides;”
- Explore a pre-determined route with various outdoor steps, following social distancing regulations;
- Break twice so people can go at their own pace & spread out;
- Regroup at relevant destinations for a brief history lesson;
- Meet & hear from an Impact 100 Grant Recipient connected to the route.
Six bridges span the river in these downtown areas, but only two are crossed during this walk: the Purple People Bridge and the Roebling Suspension Bridge. (Walk No. 30 from Walking the Steps of Cincinnati: A Guide to the Queen City’s Scenic and Historic Secrets by Mary Anna DuSablon, Second Edition, Revised and Updated by Connie J. Harrell & John Cicmanec.)
- Distance: 4.2 miles
- Previous Impact 100 Grant Recipient: Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission’s Lincoln Grant Scholar House. Read more about their Impact 100 funded initiative here.
- Walk Notes: Longest path in the StepUp Series with the fewest outdoor stairsets, sights along Newport/Riverboat Row, rich history of Lytle Park before, crossing the Purple People Bridge, the Millennium Monument World Peace Bell, and along the Ohio River.