StepUp Oakley (1.8 Miles)
July 13 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm| Free
- Meet at a central location with 1-3 volunteer “guides;”
- Explore a pre-determined route with various outdoor steps, following social distancing regulations;
- Break twice so people can go at their own pace & spread out;
- Regroup at relevant destinations for a brief history lesson;
- Meet & hear from an Impact 100 Grant Recipient connected to the route.
This is an amiable and surprisingly satisfying tour of trim homes and lovely rock gardens from Oakley Parks through a surprise wooded area. (Walk No. 29 from Walking the Steps of Cincinnati: A Guide to the Queen City’s Scenic and Historic Secrets by Mary Anna DuSablon, Second Edition, Revised and Updated by Connie J. Harrell & John Cicmanec.)
- Distance: 1.8 miles
- Previous Impact 100 Grant Recipient: Safe Haven Farms. Read more about their Impact 100 funded initiative here.
- Walk Notes: Don’t let being so close to Hyde Park Square fool you; if you’ve never walked the steps in this neighborhood, you’ll be surprised at the hidden gems — tucked away between homes and connecting streets by foot. The Gilmore Avenue Steps are a fun site to see!