Charlotte R. Schmidlapp Young Philanthropist Scholarship Program
This program, made available through the generosity of donors, is a means for encouraging younger members of our community to experience women’s collective giving by stepping up to membership. It specifically targets those individuals with an interest in philanthropy that would initially struggle to fund a new membership on their own but feel capable of doing so in 4 years. Scholarship dollars helps Scholarship Recipients step up to membership by supplementing membership fees. Every year, Impact 100 raises funds to support between 4-5 new Charlotte R. Schmidlapp Young Philanthropists.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- NOT be current or former members of Impact 100. Those whose memberships have been sponsored previously are eligible.
- Be at least 18 years of age and under 40 years of age on December 31 of year of application.
- Express an interest in philanthropy.
- Be willing to contribute for four years toward becoming a Half Member ($500). The contribution by each Young Philanthropist is outlined below:
- Year 1: Young Philanthropist contributes $125: Scholarship contributes $375
- Year 2: Young Philanthropist contributes $250: Scholarship contributes $250
- Year 3: Young Philanthropist contributes $375: Scholarship contributes $125
- Year 4: Young Philanthropist contributes $500 to be a Half Member to Impact 100
- Half or Full Membership by Year 4 is the expectation of scholarship recipients.
- Participate in a committee (i.e. Recruiting, Membership, Communications, Marketing, or Focus Area Committee) all three years.
- Attend the following as possible to more deeply understand the Impact 100 model: Young Philanthropist Orientation (May), Annual Awards Celebration (September) and a Nonprofit Information Session (October/November).
- Complete a yearly report survey of their experiences.
Charlotte R. Schmidlapp Young Philanthropist Scholarship members are encouraged to annually attend other membership and signature events, including Meet the Finalists, Giving Tuesday, & Membership Announcement.
How can you help this program?
- Share: Do you know a co-worker, relative or neighbor who would make a great candidate? Please pass this opportunity along.
- Shop: All monies generated from AmazonSmile and Kroger affinity programs are used to help fund the scholarships. Please continue to support these programs at no cost to you. Click here for more information.
- Donate: We welcome donations to the scholarship fund. To contribute please visit our donation page.
- Share Gratitude: This program was financially assisted by the Charlotte R. Schmidlapp Fund, Fifth Third Bank, Trustee.
For more information contact Laura Menge at firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact 100 is thrilled to announce and introduce our largest-ever YP scholarship class! Join us in welcoming six young women as 2020 Charlotte R. Schmiddlap Young Philanthropist Scholars: Tess Brown, Myra Ballentine, Brooke Megenhardt, Nickol Mora, Erika Svirnovskiy, and Daphney Thomas. These women from diverse backgrounds and businesses share the same passion for philanthropy and a common commitment to our region.
CLICK HERE to meet our 2020 YP Scholarship Class.