Impact 100 funds will support purchasing and maintaining computer equipment, IT support, better internet access, and child learning resources and provide wireless access points in each apartment along with post-secondary educational tech support services/resources.
- Added access to points to all common areas, which include, Family Services offices, Fitness Center, Tech Lab, Children’s Library and Conference rooms. Additionally, IT department established a process for adding wireless access points to all 45 apartment units.
- Purchased three Smart TV’s for the Children’s Library, Conference room and Fitness Center, including mounting brackets, cables and instillation.
- Purchased two desktop computers that are stationed in the children’s Library and Career Resource Center
- Contracted with ChildPlus Software to capture and track student and child data.
Grant Project Goals (compared to goals outlined in grant agreement) accomplished to date:
- Purchased and installed the necessary supplies for continued LGSH success.
Technology-Wireless contract completed for wireless access to all units.
Pending instillation in the upcoming week.
Upgraded all internet access in Technology/study lab. Pending estimate for Sound Panels.
- Obtained assistance and guidance from the national Family Scholar House Program, through mentoring, case management training, curricula and program materials.
- Measured and reported programs success by tracking residents who complete their degree, attain employment, and find stable housing through the ChildPlus software.
- Developed ongoing assessment and evaluation through LGSH Advisory Committee, annual needs assessment and client satisfaction.